EQoA Quest, Lore, & More...
Welcome to EQoA Quest, Lore, & More!
Please sign in to post and enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to EQoA Quest, Lore, & More!
Please sign in to post and enjoy your stay!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Were Quest Information/Myths

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Were Quest Information/Myths Empty Were Quest Information/Myths

Post by Ronson Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:20 pm

These are Were-Quests quests, that once completed allow you to assume the form of a were animal. By assuming the animal form, you obtain higher statistics in certain attributes. Each animal has it's own set of attributes. Read up on each of the various animals below in order to decide which 'were' you will go. Once infected (or branded as werehunter), you can't change your mind, so research carefully.

Any player in their 30th-60th season can begin a were-quest. Each quest involves killing quest mobs at the beginning, accumulating faction, getting infected, and killing the final mob at the end. The quest mobs are generally triggered by the level of the player logging the quest, and are not intended to be soloed.

The best and quickest way to get infected is to go up against a yellow. So whichever were you chose, find the right part of your specific zone that will spawn YELLOW weres. Sure, you can get infected against a red or blue, but your chances are much lower. CS has found time and time again that toons can infected on just ONE yellow!

Faction:
You will require at least +1,000 faction with the specific were group in order to complete your were quest. Infection may come sooner, but you cannot complete the quest without the mininum 1,000 faction. Some were-quests you generate faction from the same mobs you try to kill to get infected. Other were-quests you must kill different mobs to get faction than you do to become infected. Faction for lion is easy (killing werelions in Centaur valley can't infect you but can give you faction) - but for other weres (rat, wolf, bear, gator) they are random spawns in their specific zones that you spawn by killing general wildlife.

Infection:
In CS' experience the best and quickest way to get infected is to go up against a yellow. So whichever were you chose, find the right part of your specific zone that will spawn YELLOW weres. Sure, you can get infected against a red or blue, but your chances are much lower. CS has found time and time again that toons can infected on just ONE yellow! It appears that level 37 may also be the 'magic' level where infection may be easier. For at least three weres (lion, wolf, and rat), CS knows the exact location in a specific zone where yellow's spawn for level 37 and numerous times, questors have been infected on ONE yellow were. Killing light/dark blue, whites, reds - sure you can get infected but it will take a LOT more killing and maybe max faction before the infection will turn up. So wait till level 37, and read our were walkthrough's for the best place to find your infection for lion, wolf, and rat (sorry, not much data for gator/bear, but again, find yellow wildlife to kill in w/e zone you are trying, killing yellow wildlife will potentially spawn yellow were's).

Bordeal (old school developer) has said that there is a 1% chance of being infected. The further from your level the mob is, the less the chance there is it will infect you. Grouping with players higher than you also reduces chances of infection. Again, the further from your level, the lower the chance of becoming infected.

On having a level 60 in a group of lvl 30's: There was always a rumour that having a higher level toon in your group to help with the killing would mean your chances of infection would drop almost to nil. Well here's come good information:
Dustyspheres tells us: The rumor that having a level 60 in your low level group affects your chance of infection just isn't true in my experience. The last 9 infections I've gotten or helped get were all with the toons in one group, invised and on Auto-follow. These toons range from 33-39 and were on AF with a 60 bard that did all of the killing. All they did was loot tails and they still got infected. Some were in just a few kills and most were infected before anyone even had the required 1k faction to accept the infection.

Popup:
The newest way to check for infection is to head to Oasis, and check with Advisor Gerahl. He'll instruct you to chat with each of his advisors - each one will check you for Rat, Wolf, Lion, Bear and Gator.

Otherwise, turn in your tails to the tail-quest NPC. When you approach, if infected, you will recieve a popup indicating that he must speak to you urgently. Do NOT take the antidote, or you lose your infection. Do NOT continue to hunt tails. Sometimes, the quest NPC will not talk to you again, even though you received the popup. In this case, look in your quest log. If the tail quest log is still present, delete it and talk to tail-quest NPC again.

Were Hunters:
Now that you are a were, you must exercise caution in many of the major cities of Tunaria as Were-Hunters will either kill you on site, or give you the Mark of Evil (MoE). When going into a town with a hunter, keep Remove Illusion on your tool bar. If you get forced into your were-form by a hunter, immediately use the remove illusion cm (costs 0 to buy) and you'll be safe. Getting the MoE (Mark of Evil) means you everyone that sees you hates you, you must run away to a safe place until the MoE wears off (about 15 min).
Beward Aeric, Rhea, and Piker in Freeport. Aeric in particular makes coaching difficult. Maryalla in Fayspire walks between the coach and the town. The hunters camp the coach in Moradhim, but if coach there, while on the loading screen toggle yourself like you're moving right until you see yourself in Morad. This will move you quickly to the right, away from the hunters. Coaching out again is hard, stand behind the coachman in the stable as far away as possible to talk to him.
Oasis is safe to coach through, but watch for the hunter in the middle of the town. There is a hunter in Tethelin and Queynos (Felicia Potterson). Snow Guardian Clouve is in Halas, outside. Wendle Greenthumb is in Rivervale.
If you kill too many hunters, Delosh in Highpass will start Kos'ing you as well. Don't kill the hunters - there is NO WAY to get the faction back.
There are also new hunters (Oct/06) in both FP and HP. Read lycanthropes for more details.

FAQs:

I've heard you can ONLY get infected by killing were-mobs close to your level.

It is possible to get infected killing light blues, or reds. It's just, your chance of infection is reduced the further the mob is away from your current level. NOTE: Through anecdotal evidence, CS has found that ONE yellow infects easier than 100 dark blues/white.

Is it true that to get infected you must be HIT by the were-mob?

You do NOT need to be hit by the mob. An entire group can become infected with only the tank being struck. Getting struck by the mob does not increase your chances of infection; the infection is an AoE.

If I let the were-mob hit me for a long time without killing it, does that increase my chance of infection?
No it does not. The mob is either capable of infecting of you or not, it is not some random melee proc.

If i'm in a group killing a were-mob, and only I die, but the others in my group got infected by that mob, will I lose my infection?
No, you would NOT lose the infection if you die.

I was told to hunt rats in Ferran's Hope (S) but there are none there.
If you cannot find were-mobs to kill, you must kill the wildlife in that area. Then new mobs will spawn, some of which hopefully will be were. Were-creatures are a part of the same mob pool as roamers and may replace them during the next spawn phase. It will depend on your level, but seek an area of the zone that tends to be yellow to you. Killing this wildlife will have a better chance of spawning a were that is yellow to you.

I've heard being in were-form drops your intellegence?
Yes, this is true. Assuming the form of a were-animal will reduce your intelligence. However, wearing high AR will combat this side effect. With enough AR you can resist as much as 45 of the -50 intellegent drop.

What forms are available?
There are three forms. The basic form comes to you at the completion of the were-quest. The second form (feral) is a cm, available at lvl 30 for 50cms. The third form (dire) is available for 25 cms at level 50. Lion forms can be customized to male or female.

I want to try a different were-form now, how do I get rid of my infection?
You can't. Your character is only allowed one infection in it's lifetime and it cannot be removed. So be sure to do your research BEFORE you chose a were so there are no regrets later.

Ronson

https://eqoa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top